South Australia is committed to maximising the economic and job opportunities associated with renewable energy and energy storage projects that will help us meet both our energy needs and Australia’s Paris climate emission agreements.
Areas of focus include:
- large-scale renewable energy generation and storage, such as wind, solar thermal, solar PV, bioenergy, battery, pumped hydro and thermal storage
- demand-side energy such as rooftop solar, bioenergy, distributed storage, energy efficiency and demand management
- hydrogen production, use and export
- uptake of zero emission vehicles and investment in charging and refuelling infrastructure
- supply-chain development of low carbon technologies
- research and industry partnerships in low carbon technologies.
Our work is underpinned by and contributes towards: