Global research and innovations are showing how hydrogen can play a major role in a healthy, clean, low-carbon energy system – and South Australia is well placed to play a part.
The South Australian Government has worked with industry to develop a Hydrogen Roadmap for potential investors and help guide the industry’s development.
Since releasing the roadmap, the South Australian government has:
- Co-Invested over $17 million in four green hydrogen projects in South Australia
- Attracted the International Conference on Hydrogen Safety 2019
- Sponsored the Future Fuels Cooperative Research Centre
- Sponsored the CSIRO National Hydrogen Roadmap
- Supported delegations to and from Japan and South Korea, including participation in Australia’s Chief Scientist Dr Alan Finkel’s delegation to Japan with the National Hydrogen Strategy Group in September 2018
- Begun planning offices in Shanghai, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur to support future trade and development
- Become observers to Hydrogen Mobility Australia’s member meetings
- Established a Hydrogen Regulatory Working Group including experts from several State Government Departments
- Developed an interactive hydrogen map to help investors and project developers identify potentially suitable sites in South Australia to establish hydrogen infrastructure.
Because of our abundant renewable energy resources, South Australia can create a world-leading green hydrogen economy as part of a national hydrogen industry in Australia.