The Low Carbon Economy Unit includes the functions of RenewablesSA.
We drive and coordinate cross-portfolio action to maximise the economic and job opportunities associated with renewable energy and energy storage projects, which will also help meet our future energy needs and Australia’s Paris climate emission agreements.
Areas of focus include:
- large scale renewable energy generation and storage, such as wind, solar thermal, solar PV, bioenergy, battery, pumped hydro and thermal storage
- demand-side energy such as rooftop solar, bioenergy, distributed storage, energy efficiency and demand management
- hydrogen production, use and export
- uptake of zero emission vehicles and investment in charging and refuelling infrastructure
- supply chain development of low carbon technologies
- research and industry partnerships in low carbon technologies.
Our work is underpinned by and contributes towards: